The World Innovations Forum Foundation (WIForum) is a Swiss based non-profit organization, founded by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs. The founders of the World Innovations Forum envisions a world in which prosperity is possible for all nations through innovation and entrepreneurship. The goal was influenced by research indicating that most developed countries evolved out of poverty, driven by a few genius entrepreneurs who developed highly innovative solutions such as the steam engine, automobile, modern banking, jet engines, computers, and more. These products eventually turned their respective nations into prosperous economies. The foundation is stimulating entrepreneurs to follow their ideas and is helping through innovative thinking to build sustainable innovation, create jobs and bring prosperity to their countries. The WIForum, provides unique innovation development programs, Investor connections and Mentorship networks. Instead of bringing technology or experts into a country, the Forum helps entrepreneurs to develop such resources themselves. Collaboration with Entrepreneurs Groups, Investor Networks, Universities, Governments, Ecosystem Enablers, and local corporations is part of the network strength of the World Innovations Forum. The goal is to help build self propelled economies through local entrepreneurs.
The World Innovations Forum Foundation was setup by the founders of Society3 an innovation focused scaleup Accelerator. Founded, 2014 in San Francisco, Society3 helped entrepreneurs to thrive. Already in 2015, Society3 was named one of the top 100 most influential accelerators in the world. By working with entrepreneurs from all over the world the idea surfaced that we, people from the developed world, should offer help to the rest of the world to stay on their own feed. As a result, the World Innovations forum was founded and took over the startup support business from Society3 who now focuses on “Deep Innovation Design” in the developed world.
We envision a world where prosperity is possible in all nations, through innovation and entrepreneurship – created within each country.
Here at the World Innovations Forum, our mind is set towards openness, transparency, tolenance, equality, and specialization. No problem is too big, no solution too bold, and no idea too crazy. If one can think it, they can create it. We don’t need devil’s advocates and negativism. We are here to help entrepreneurs make the impossible a reality, for the benefit of their country and all of us.
WHAT MAKES US UNIQUE
- The World Innovations Forum is based on comprehensive experience building and scaling businesses from zero to exit and from local to global. Thousands of jobs have been created and the companies became notable businesses in just 5 years.
- Deep understanding in building innovative solutions, many with disruptive business models. With that experience and additional research from Society3 Group, profound knowledge how our brain creates and processes ideas that help to create methodical ways for repeat innovation.
- Also the World Innovations Forum underwent a rapid transformation in its first year itself. A unique business model erose that is unique for economic development organizations. We are not helping nations with money but with knowhow to create value that generates the money they need. Also we are not supporting microbusinesses, instead we are focusing entirely on businesses that will create jobs in its first year and is able to grow to a 1,000+ employment within five to seven years.
- We stimulate entrepreneurs to create bold ideas, by providing methodical training for “Innovative Thinking”, “Disruptive Modelling” and rapid realization. The goal is that they can bring their innovative solutions rapidly to global markets.
- We motivate entrepreneurs to specialize and collaborate with other businesses in order to compete on a global scale. Instead of building corporate monsters with 100,000+ employees we help build highly agile companies with 1 to 5,000 employees and build networks that represent over 100,000 employees.
- It s our experience that a company scales from zero to enterprise in approximately 7 to 10 years. In that period the “startup” can create already 100+ jobs in their fifth year. As such our cycle of engagement for a given number of companies is at least 7 to 10 years.
- We assemble local investors, mentors, technology providers, service providers and connect them with international peers to jointly support the entrepreneurs in the best possible way. And we work with policy makers to enable Foreign Direct Investment and embrace an open immigration policy.
First major Initiative: “Seeding Innovations”, prepared to expand to Africa, 2nd WIForum Digital event, initiating World Innovations Day.
Spent 15 weeks on the ground working with entrepreneurs, investors and enablers. Ran first accelerator in Vietnam.
Members exceeding 10,000. Conversion: Replacing the World Innovations Forum AG (for profit company) with the newly founded World Innovations Forum Foundation in Switzerland.
We grew to over 5,000 participating members. Started to run accelerator programs, ‘go global’ initiatives and seminars across many countries.
An overwhelming 500+ people from 40 countries participated in an amazing 3 day online event.
We toured almost 2 month through Asia visiting contacts and ambassadors in Nepal, Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea and Japan.